Do the Dip
Kids love to dip everything. If you pair your veggies like fresh baby carrots, celery, broccoli, cauli, bell peppers, cucumber slices with a dip, they will be more persuaded to actually eat their greens.
Hummus – in a blender:
- 1 can/jar chickpeas drained
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of tahini
- 1-3 cloves garlic
- lemon juice (as much as you like)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil , pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
Tzatziki: in a blender
3 tbsp. olive oil 1 tbsp. vinegar 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
1/4 tsp. white pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup greek yogurt, strained
1 cup sour cream
2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
1 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons olive oil,
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds spinach, cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk, 6 ounces reduced-fat bar cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In saucepan heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Add spinach in two additions, letting the first batch wilt before adding the next; cook until completely wilted,
- 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander; drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
- In the same pot, warm milk over high heat. Add spinach, whisk in cream cheese till melted and 1/4 cup mozzarella; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.